Sunday, March 21, 2010

It is nearly over!!

The Scrapbooking Top 50 March '4 Seasons in 6 Days' cyber crop at is almost over!!  Entries are due by midnight tonight!! :-)   I have managed to squeeze in enough time to complete all the challenges, so here they are for your viewing!! :-)

Challenge 1: Sponsor's Challenge, was to create 2 handmade 'seasonal' embellishments to be used on later challenges during the crop.  I chose to make a 3D sun and butterfly!


Here is a close up of the layering:

Challenge 2: Is it HOT in here? was a summer based challenge, using a colour pallette of blues, yellows and whites.  It also had to include a white cs background, a sun embellishment and a handcut item (my handmade sun)!!


Challenge 3: Falling Leaves required us to use a colour pallette of autumn toned oranges and browns, and also to include a one word title, leaves and chipboard.  I was having so much fun making my own embellies for this crop, that i decided to make the cute little cat in the bottom right corner.  I spent ages googling images that would suit, and couldn't find anything, then my m.i.l. gave me a bag of new closes for my DD, and there was this goreous top with a little dog and cat on the front, so i just had to trace him off!! :-)  Things we will do for perfection!! lol!! :-)  The cat is actually layered but you can't see that very clearly in this pic!
 

Challenge 4: Got a Chill? was a winter based challenge, set by me!! :-)  This is my example page for the challenge.  The layout had to use a winter colour pallette of blues, purples and white.  It had to have a definate winter theme, include a stamped title, include spots and stripes, and a snowflake!! :-)


Here is a close up of the gorgeous flowers i got to play with from My2Angels!  The felt heart at the top of the photo in the above picture was also from My2Angels.  It was white, but i sprayed it with blue glimmermist! Thanks Tracy!! :-)

Challenge 5: Chantal's EXTREME Spring Challenge had to use a colour pallette of red, pink, purple and green.  It also needed to have a definate spring theme, a flower embellishment, 3 or more photos, embroidery thread (was not allowed to be stitched so made a hose out of it instead!), at least 3 eyelets, 3 buttons, use stamps (butterfly), bling and include a bug ont he layout!! Phew, that was a lot to include on one page!! :-)


Challenge 6: Seasons with reasons! was a criteria challenge.  We were given 12 pictures to choose from at the start of the crop, and we needed to pick 4 pictures which would relate to different criterias that needed to be used.  The gorgeous Anthea picked the pictures for me, as i already knew what the criterias were.  My criterias ended up being to use an outdoor pic, distressing, 3 different sized flowers and hand-written journalling!!  I'm really happy with how this one turned out, although this photo really doesn't do it justice as you can't see that all the pp is distressed, and the colours are all so much bright IRL then they are in this pic!!  The pp used is Kaisercraft Allsorts and can be purchased at My2Angels.


Thanks for dropping by and checking out my work!!  If you aren't already a follower, please sign up and leave me a comment so i know you have visited!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Great work on all your challenge LO's sweet!!! I think my fave is the Spring LO though, the embellishments you made for it look amazing!
    Keep the fab work coming!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all Vicki! I'm with Sue with your Spring one!!! It's sooo wicked - the hose is a stroke of genius - and that's what these challenges are all about hey? Thanks to moi! lmao! Just kidding - the last bit! You did an awesome job - I take no cred at all. Super duper, Vicki!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Vick...love them all...and I too love that hose! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO's Vicki!! They are all fantastic...yep but you guessed it.....I love the hose one too.....that is so very very clever!!
    Kathie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki!

    I am sending you an invite to come join me on ARTastic challenge blog, and From Screen 2 Scrap. It would be great if you could join as a follower and get all the latest updates.


    ARTastic = http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
    This is a challenge site where we take inspiration from the great artist with a little bit of added criteria

    From Screen 2 Scrap = http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com/
    This is a challenge site where we take inspiration from movie posters with a little added criteria.

    In May ARTastic will be celebrating its 1st Birthday we have over $300 worth of prizes to give away, so I would love you to join in and have a chance of winning 

    Special Offer – If you join either or both sites and enter a layout for the challenge in April and/or May, you will receive an extra bonus point to go towards your voting tally at the end of the month.

    Hope to see you soon!

    Cheers
    Shazza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layouts Vicki! LOVE that blog banner - so cute!!! Cant wait to catch up with you VERY soon! Only 19 days til i'll be down there! xoxo Love Charmane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments! :)